Discover East London on this friendly, flat and fast course
Take a tour through East London in the Mental Aid Hackney Half marathon with vibrant street art and entertainment on course. Enjoy the festival atmosphere as the course takes you into the vibrant Hackney Wick! Starting and finishing at the Hackney Marshes, you’ll see the finest sights as you run down Mare Street, past the famous Town Hall and iconic Hackney Empire and through the historic Broadway Market.
Your Hackney Half Marathon route
Secure your place at the Hackney Half
Join Mental Aid and take a step towards ending homelessness for good.
Before you can join Team Mental Aid you need to have already registered directly with the marathon organisers
Joining Mental Aid
We’d love to have you on Team Mental Aid and you’ll be helping to change the lives of people affected by homelessness and mental health disorders.
Once you have paid the registration fee with the organisers and have committed a fundraising target of £200, we’ll support you through every step of your journey.
When you run for us, you’ll receive:
- A free T-shirt to wear on race day, you get to keep this after the event.
- Online marathon training guide
- Support from our dedicated volunteers to help you smash your fundraising target
- A personalised marathon completion certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
- You can order your T-shirt when you complete our online registration form. We will then post this out to you. Delivery should take 7 days to get to you.
- If you experience any problems or have any queries during registration then please contact us via email: email@example.com
- We ask that you please send in all donations within 6 weeks of the event.
- Of course you can! Please let us know your team name or team captains name when you sign up.
- The fundraising target for our charity is £200 per person but you’re welcome to combine your targets into one team total.
How your donations will make a difference
Emergency accommodation and shelter
We assist individuals with accessing
emergency services and shelter.
Food, clothing and essential needs
We offer support with our food and clothing banks.
We also support individuals with things most people
would take for granted such as toiletries, blankets,
bedding, household starter items such as cooking pots,
dinnerware as well as children’s toys, nappies, wipes for
homeless families and single mothers.
More people are facing homelessness after losing
their job during the pandemic and rising cost of living.
We’re supporting people to find work as well as help with
CVs and interview practice.
Your support helps members access professional
help to improve their mental and physical wellbeing.
We work particularly closely with people experiencing
complex mental health problems, helping them get
specialist help and and accommodation as urgently as possible.
Members can access courses online helping them
take another critical step forward with integrating back
into the community. We also cover life skills, digital literacy,
wellness practices as well as drug and alcohol awareness programs.
Our promise to you
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and promise to be honest, respectful, and accountable in how we treat you. Although we cannot guarantee your donation will be spent on specific items or services, we can guarantee your donation will be used wherever needed most and enable us to continue our efforts in supporting people facing homelessness, mental health conditions and disabilities.
At times we give example stories about our members or clients, we promise these are genuine experiences, even though names or photos are changed or hidden to respect their privacy. We also promise that 100% of all funds raised go towards our daily commitment to end homelessness for good and help transform lives.